You need an Inventor Viewer to open Inventor assembly, part or drawing files in a read-only mode to view, measure and print.
The following options are available:
- Install Inventor and use Inventor Read-only Mode as a viewer (no license or internet connection needed)
- Upload files into the Web based Autodesk Viewer
- Install Inventor View
Inventor Read-only mode is the preferred viewer over Inventor View since Inventor 2020 when it was introduced.
The following table shows the additional features that are available in Inventor Read-only mode vs Inventor View.
Inventor Read-only Mode
Install Inventor Read-Only Mode using one of these options:
- Download Inventor from Autodesk AVA or get a download from Autodesk Account
- Download an Inventor trial: https://www.autodesk.com/products/inventor/free-trial
- Install Inventor Read-Only Mode using a Custom Install in Autodesk account
Run Inventor Read-only Mode *Version* that's included with the Inventor installation.
Or upload your files at the https://viewer.autodesk.com/
Drag the file(s) from Windows Explorer into the browser window or select Upload new file and browse to a file.
Download Inventor View
To open Inventor file in Inventor Read-Only mode:
- In Tools>Options..., set 'Default settings for viewing Inventor files:' to 'Inventor Read-only Mode'.
More on Inventor viewing options.
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka