Civil 3D: When Opening a Drawing from Desktop Connector you receive a message saying, “Reference file not found”.
Once opened you will find Referenced Objects missing. These can include Tiff, xml, Point Files used to for Surface References. References files become absolute and not relative.
You may see an error in the Desktop Connector.
Failure gathering references. The referenced file(s) may have been deleted or you may not have read permissions.
- Corrupted “Data References”.
- References cannot be found.
- References file unsupported.
- Corrupted or Broken References.
You can use the Data Shortcut Editor to
- Point to the same location in BIM 360 Project.
- Verify valid References exist.
Disconnect and reattach.
- Unsupported Files (see File Type Limitations for Collaboration.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast