AutoCAD: “External Reference is missing” when using Cloud based storage
This can happen with any Cloud based storage. Example Microsoft One Drive.
- File syncing method
When using Cloud based storage the files are synced for each user. If system A uploads the file. Then system B will have this file synced locally (many times similar to another Hard Drive you see on your system). The User who uploaded the file has a different location because of the User and thus the External Reference does not know how to find the file in the New Users Profile.
- In a situation like this you need to use the “Relative Path” method.
You can set this by right clicking on the External Reference in the External Reference Manager and selecting Relative Path”.
- Type “Xref” on the command line and select the <Enter> Key.
- The External Reference Palette will open.
- Right click on the External Reference in question and select “Change Path Type”.
- Then select “Relative Path”.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast