Are you not sure whether you should be putting annotations in Modelspace or Paperspace? Don’t stress! Most people are probably asking the same question. Honestly, either is great but I think it depends on the project/ job. This blog will go over the pros and cons of both Modelspace and Paperspace annotations.
• The annotations are in the same space as the objects in the project
• The layers can be frozen/ turned off for plotting
• Viewports can be moved without disassociating the dimensions/ annotations
• Dimensions will update if things are moved
• Multiple dimensions styles can be used for different viewport scales
• Great for 2D drawings
• The annotations can accidently get deleted or moved
• Snapping a dimension to the wrong point
• Not good with 3D drawings
• The model space drawing isn’t cluttered with annotations/ dimensions
• Don’t have to set layers to be frozen/ off in viewport to show certain annotations
• Multiple viewports with different scales are easy to manage
• Great with 2D & 3D drawings
• Having to check/ fix dimensions if things in model space move
• Moving the viewport becomes a longer task with risk of disassociating dimensions/ annotations
• Easy to set up
• Works for multiple dimstyles
• Works for multiple scales and layouts
• Time saving
• Ensures consistency throughout the files/ drawings
• There is a learning curve but once it’s learned it’s a huge time saver.
Here is some additional information regarding Autodesk annotations.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Volk