Autodesk is now using a new Block Insert command.
Autodesk chose to change the Block insert to a new design.
• Open Windows Explorer
• Browse to C:\Users\<user name>\AppData (This is a hidden folder so you will need hidden files and folders enabled)\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2021 (or your software and version i.e. C3D2021,etc)\enu\Support\
• Find the file ACAD.PGP
• Open this file using Microsoft Notepad
• Once open select Edit>Find
• Search for “Insert”
• When you find this it should look like this example “I, *INSERT” The “I,” is the one key command Alias you will be able to use in AutoCAD. The *INSERT is the command the “I” key will launch.
• Change “I, *INSERT” to ” I, *CLASSICINSERT”.
• Save the file.
• Launch AutoCAD (or relaunch) and in a drawing type “I” and then select the <Enter> Key this should now launch the classic insert command Dialogue Box.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast