- Starting in Revit, you isolate a specific service by hovering over it and hitting "Tab" until it’s all highlighted. Then you click on it to select it all.
- Go to the "Add-Ins" tab and click on "Store Design Line Elements" and then click on the "Out" button with the arrow.
- It will ask where to save the ".RIF" file and what to name it.
- Open Fabrication and type in "Processrun" and select the ".RIF" file you saved.
- A window named "Mappings" will open. This is where you will select the Revit service and assign it to one of the Fabrication services on the "Services" tab. You will right click on the line items one by one and "Edit" them to assign the correct service.
*Note: the tab "Fitting Ignores" should be set to "NO"
Hit "Ok" once all settings are ok.
- The .RIF will load in the drawing. If you do not see it, do a Zoom extents and you will see everything that was brought in.
- Double click on the design line to "activate" and work on it. From here you will fix anything that didn't process correctly or switch out fittings if needed.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Volk