Civil 3D: Dynamic North Arrow does not follow True North.
The Dynamic North Arrow should follow true North however it does not. This can be a common occurrence in certain situations.
There are known issues for this behavior
• North Arrow created in an earlier version Template, Layout, Etc.
• All Layouts were creating using “ALL Layouts in the Current Drawing” Option was used when using the “Layout Creation Options”.
• There is a Coordinate system assign.
• Test for Corruption – Test for corruption, This can be an issue and should be looked into to make sure you do not have any issues causing this. This is not uncommon for a newer version to find corruption an older version did not.
• Do not use “ALL Layouts in the Current Drawing” use one of the other options - This option can cause this issue use any of the other creation options except “ALL Layouts in Current Drawing” see figure 1.
• Create a new North Arrow after Deleting the bad Arrow in the newer version of Civil 3D. – Dynamic North Arrows that are created in earlier versions and this can happen via Using an older File, Using a Template from an older version with a Dynamic North Arrow setup. These are all good examples.
• Set to No Datum and then insert the North Arrow – BY setting no Datum this will Allow the arrow to not follow the Datum and could prove this is the issue.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast