AutoCAD: External Reference file missing/unresolved.
(DWG,PDF’s, Raster Images,DWF, etc).
You may receive a message stating, “One or more referenced files could not be located or read what do you want to do?”.
Open External Reference Palette.
Ignore unresolved reference files.
- External Reference file has moved.
- External Reference file has changed names.
- Original Path is not available.
- External References file is corrupted.
- Permissions issue.
- Circular External reference (Although this cannot be done via AutoCAD this can be done via other software such as Document Management software).
- 3rd Party Software (Advanced System Care, Cyco Document management software, etc.), DNS Client not accessible, IP Helper, etc.
- External Reference is nested.
- Install all Autodesk Updates.
- Check the name and location of the file in question.
- Manually Open the file and test for corruption.
- Try attaching the file to a new DWG to see if it will work.
- Try moving the file to a local folder and test.
- Images, try to embed them rather than referencing them.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast