During the installation of Revit or Revit LT 2021 or later. You receive a message that states “Install Failed”.
- You have less than 30 GB free disk space available on the Hard Drive.
- There is a newer version of Generative Design for Revit installed on the system.
- Does not meet the .NET Framework system requirements.
An invalid drive is detected during install.
To resolve this issue
- Corrupted Revit/Revit LT Installer
- Go to the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\ODIS.
- Open the file DDA.log in Notepad.
- You may notice at the end “error: Exit code:15”.
- Use this document to "Install failed" error with Revit 2021.1.1 and DDA.log indicates exit code 15”
- Newer version of Generative Design installed.
- Go to Apps and Features.
- Uninstall Generative Design for Revit.
- Try to install Revit/Revit LT again.
- Remove an Invalid Drives
- Win(Key on your Keybaord)+X.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type “subst t: c:\temp” Select the <Enter> Key on your Keyboard.
- Run the Microsoft Installation Trouble Shooter.
- Select “uninstall”.
- Uninstall all entries for Revit/Revit LT Content 2021 and Revit/Revit LT 2021.
- Repeat as necessary.
- Retry install.
- Reinstall Original release from Autodesk Virtual Agent
- Go to https://ava.autodesk.com/
- Type “Download Revit 2021” Select the <Enter> Key on your Keyboard.
- Select “Continue with AVA” option if asked.
- Select for download “This Computer”.
- Fill out the rest of the form as needed.
- Use the “Browser Download” option.
Attempt the install again.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast