When trying to use a custom Font in Civil 3D 2021 . You do not see the font inside of the Style Editor dialog boxes.
This is as Designed.
How to use a custom font in Civil 3D 2021 Style Editor
- Create a Text Style in AutoCAD using the custom Font.
- Run the “STYLE” command (AutoCAD Text Style).
- Select “NEW”.
- Type the name of the new Text Style.
- Select “OK”.
- Select the font drop down and select the custom Font.
- Select “Set Current”.
- Select “Apply”.
- Select “Close”.
Note: Do not set Text Style as Annotative, make sure Height is 0
In the Style properties Dialog.
Under the General Tab change the Text Style to the new Text Style (We created above).
Now edit the Contents.
Add the new Text.
- This can vary depending on what you are editing Tables, Labels, Etc. However the concept should be the same.
- You will now notice the Text Style you are using will have Proxy in front of it in the Style Editor.
If you have a Text Style you are already using from an earlier Template. We have found that it will work when you place the Style Text. However, if you edit this Text then it will default to Simplex. You will need to recreate this setup in the new version. Then edits should hold the Text Style.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast