Issue: When sharing a file(s) in BIM 360 Document Management with project members, some member names are not appearing in the list of recipients.
Causes: Project members (Users, Roles, or Companies) who do not appear in the “Select Recipients” window when sharing do not have permissions to the folder where the file is stored in Document Management.
Solution: In the above example, Sam Smith is listed as a project member with access to the Insight, Document Management, and Design Collaboration services. However, he does not appear in the list of recipients when another member attempts to share a file.
To resolve this, the Project Admin needs to grant the member permission to the folder where the file is stored. Here are the steps:
- Switch to the Document Management module (from the upper-left module selector)
- Select the “…” menu to the right of the folder where the file(s) is stored
- Select Permissions
- Click Add
- Type in member’s User name, Role or Company to assign permission
- Select Permission Level for member (minimum View Only)
- Select Add
Now that the member has permission to the folder, they will appear in the list of recipients.
In Document Management, place a checkmark next to the file(s) to share
- Select the Share icon
- Verify that the member now appears in the Select Recipients window
About the AuthorMore Content by Jeremy Smith