Revit Quick Exits after using IMAGINiT Utilities for Revit add-in/add-on Tool
This can happen due to a conflicting add-on tool in Revit.
The following steps seems to work every time.
It appears we are having a possible load order conflict with another Revit Addin. We've had quite a few calls on this problem.
What I typically recommend is:
1) Exit Revit
2) Get the 3rd party app in this blog. https://resources.imaginit.com/support-blog/revit-add-in-manager
3) Disable all Addins EXCEPT the IMAGINiT Utilities.
4) Test Revit and our Utilities. Does it still quick exit? if it does NOT happen, then ...
5) Exit Revit.
6) Use the 3rd party app to re-enable all the Revit addins
7) Test Revit again... it should be fine.
The steps above should get you up and running again, but please do not skip #4, then continue with the rest of the steps
There was one case where reinstalling Enscape resolved it.
The above is quick and easy, however if you wanted to try manually disabling the addins, you can try these steps.
Manually disable add-ons
Note: If working with cloud models, see the info below on add-ons to keep loaded!
1. Close all versions of Revit.
2. Locate the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\[Version]
3. Temporarily move the add-on files from the folder above to another location.
4. Launch Revit. Add-ons will be disabled.
Alternate locations that add-ons could be loaded from:
Add-ons that load into multiple products/versions:
Add-ons loaded for only one user (less common):
If working with models stored on the cloud (BIM 360 Document Management or Autodesk Docs), keep the following Revit cloud components in the add-ons folder (while removing the others):
• ExportViewSelectorAddin (Folder)
3rd party tool to enable/disable add-ons
If that does not remove the add-ons, then these 3rd party apps may help:
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Lotan