How can I use PDQ to copy and run the Autodesk License Reset script on user’s machines?
1. The Autodesk License Reset will need to be copied to the user’s machine to properly run and to work correctly. We can use PDQ to copy the Autodesk License reset file to the user’s machine and run it.
2. Download and unzip to a network location that is shared and can be used with UNC path. After unzipping the file there will be a folder called Autodesk_License_Reset (This is the folder that contains the tools to reset the Autodesk licensing) and a Autodesk_License_Reset.bat file (this is the batch that will call the tools to be run to reset the Autodesk licensing.
Folder example: \\severname\sharename\Autodesk_License_Reset
3. The Autodesk_License_Reset.zip file to download is located here.
4. Open PDQ and choose “New Package”
5. Under “Name” add a name pertaining to this package.
6. Choose “Steps” and then choose “File Copy”
7. Name the step and under details choose “Folder”. By the “Source”’ click on the ellipsis (3 Dots) and browse to the location of the Autodesk_License_Reset folder you unzipped it to in Step 2 and choose “Select Folder”.
8. For “Target Folder” choose a target that is on every machine. You can use any folder. I used C:Autodesk as an example. Check the boxes next to “Include Subfolders” and “Copy All Files”. Click the save button in the top left of the window.
9. . Push out the package to machines with PDQ that need the Autodesk License reset.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams