Creating a deployment for Autodesk 2022 products with the Custom Installs at the Autodesk portal
You would like to create a deployment for Autodesk 2022 products.
Use the new “Custom Install” at https://manage.autodesk.com/ to create your Autodesk 2022 deployments.
- Go to https://manage.autodesk.com/ and login with an admin account.
- Click on Custom Install from the menu list on the left-hand side of the page.
- A Custom Install window will appear in the middle section. If this is the first Custom Install you will see a button at the bottom of the window that says, “Create your first deployment”. You can either choose the “Create your first deployment” or the “+ Create new” button at the top right of the window. Either button will start the process.
- Choose your “License Type” at the top. License type could either be Autodesk ID, Network, or Serial number. Then check the box next to the product that this deployment will be created for.
- A new window will appear to the right of the “new package” window. At the top you can click on “Specific version” to choose an older version or a version without updates. The default version will be the newest version with the updates.
- If you choose “Specific version” you will be presented with this screen where you can choose available versions of the product to use to create your deployment. Click “Select” to choose the version.
- You can click on the buttons “Customizations” and or “Extensions”. Each Autodesk product will have available customizations and extension pertaining to the product.
- Click “Next” to move to Step 2 Install settings.
- If you chose “Network” from step 4 we will have to Specify a license server name.
- Choose your license server model and enter the name of the license server that will run the “Network License Manager” Click save, then choose Download from the next screen.
- An exe file will download into your download folder. This file will be named from what you entered as the “Package name” from step 9. Click this file to start the creation and download of your deployment.
- After the download and creation is complete, go to C:\Autodesk and Delete the WI folder. This is the folder that downloads the items to create the deployment. This folder seems to not delete the files downloaded and will take up space on your drive.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams