Autodesk: When Installing ” An error occurred while preparing the installation. Please exit and start the install again.”
- Anti-Virus, Firewall, Proxy preventing ODIS from contacting the Internet.
- Poor Internet connection.
- Corrupted ODIS.
- Bad download.
- Disable Anti-Virus and Firewall before installing.
- Install updated licensing service.
- Remove bad ODIS.
- Find C:\program files\Autodesk\AdODIS\V1.
- Run removeODIS.exe. (This should be done as an administrator)
- Download Software and install using an offline method. (Browser Download, Download Now)
- Use command line code to disable ODIS update during install.
- Using run command in Windows Type “cmd” on the Start Windows button.
- Open the Command Prompt (cmd) as Administrator.
- Type a command cd C:\Autodesk\<Folder you are installing from>\ and press Enter:
Example (cd C:\Autodesk\AutoCAD_2022_English_Win_64bit_dlm\)
- Type the command below and press Enter.
- Setup.exe --noupdate.
If these options do not work. Look at the log file in the Temp folder and see if you can find where the software is failing.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast