Launching Inventor results in a ‘System Error’ with similar missing dll (MC3.dll, tbb.dll) files in the error message:
- The Inventor shortcut to run the program is set to an incorrect Inventor.exe path.
- There is a problem with the Inventor installation and the program needs to be reinstalled.
First verify that the Inventor shortcut used to launch the program is pointing to the correct Inventor.exe file location.
Right-click on the Inventor shortcut and select Properties.
- Inspect the Shortcut tab and the Target path to Inventor.exe:
- In Windows Explorer browse to the same path to verify that the Inventor.exe file is located there.
- If incorrect, change the path to the correct Inventor.exe.
- For example if Inventor is installed on the C drive the path will be in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor version\Bin\Inventor.exe
If the path is correct but Inventor will not launch uninstall and reinstall the program.
- Uninstall Inventor from Control Panel.
- Get a full download of Inventor:
From your Autodesk Account under Products & Services choose Download:
From the Autodesk AVA
- Reinstall Inventor from the downloaded files.
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka