If you recently installed a new version of Revit and you are not be able to access BIM 360 projects that were available in the previous version of Revit.
BIM 360 Projects and Revit models hosted on BIM 360 are version specific. You will only be able to open a BIM 360 Revit model if the project and models correspond with the same version of Revit.
The BIM 360 project will need to be upgraded. Fortunately, this is a simple process, however you must be a BIM 360 Account admin to access the Revit Cloud Model Upgrade service.
- Log into BIM 360 Document Management as an Account Admin. https://docs.b360.autodesk.com
- Select the Project that needs to be upgraded.
- Select the drop down to ensure you are in the Project Admin module.
- Select Document Management on the left pane.
- Select the Services section>Revit Cloud Model Upgrade. The Current Release and Available Release are listed. Select Upgrade.
- A dialog box will appear to ensure that would like to upgrade the BIM 360 Project and Revit models.
Select the check box and then select Upgrade.
- As shown below, the upgrade process will begin.
- In addition, an e-mail will be sent from Autodesk BIM 360 that shows the upgrade process has started. Another e-mail from Autodesk BIM 360 will be sent once the project upgrade is complete.
**This upgrade process is irreversible once it is complete. If you would like to retain a copy of the project in its original version then you will need to manually download the project and data to your computer. **