Fusion 360: How to create a Icon for you Desktop.
In may cases you may need to create a Desktop Icon for Fusion 360. This can be a result of several possible issues, such as Install Issue, Rights Issue, Delete by mistake.
Install Issue, Rights Issue, Deleted by mistake.
How to create Fusion 360 Icon
- Go to Windows Explorer.
- Go to folder %localappdata%\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\ or C:\Users\Local\<Current Windows User that you are logged in as>\App Data\ Autodesk\webdeploy\production\ <You will see random Numbers and Letters> Find the one that contains FusionLauncher.exe.
- Right click on the FusionLauncher.exe select create Shortcut. (This may ask if you want to place on the Desktop. Says yes or if not then move this to your Desktop).
- Rename the Icon to what you want such as “Fusion 360”.
- Change the Icon to the Folder FusionLauncher.exe is located in.
If the above does not work.
Uninstall and Reinstall
- Uninstall Fusion 360.
• Make sure to login to Windows as an Administrator.
- Disable Virus Scan.
- Install Fusion 360 again.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast