When launching your Autodesk Desktop Connector you get an error message that says:
'Autodesk Desktop Connector is shutting down Unable to load a valid configuration for application Bridges'.
To resolve this issue you need to delete the Microsoft Crypto folder because information inside of that folder has become corrupted.
The Crypto folder is located in the C:\Users\your user profile folder\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.
NOTE: The AppData folder is a hidden folder. Here is Microsoft's steps on how to show hidden folders.
Once that folder is deleted launch the Autodesk Desktop Connector.
Autodesk has an another suggestion that I didn't need to try but I want to add it here so you have other suggestions.
Follow these steps to resolve the initialize error message:
- Hold down the Windows key and press 'r'.
- In the "Run" dialog that pops up, type "services.msc" (minus the quotes) and press Enter.
- In the window that pops up, look for the entry named "Autodesk File System Monitor Service".
- Double-click on the entry.
- If the "Service Status" is "Stopped", try clicking on the "Start" button on this dialog.
- Status should now show as "Running".
- Try starting Desktop Connector again, this time it should open successfully.