AutoCAD: When using External Reference file performance slows.
Drawing becomes slow when Loading , Editing, Using the Reference Palette, and When working with the Drawing.
- Large number of References.
- File Corruption.
- Large number of missing fonts.
- Missing Path.
- Large unmaintained files (Large number of Scales, Not Purged, General Maintenance, etc.).
- Use on a local system to see if the performance improves.
- Set XLOADCTL & DEMANDLOAD system variables to 0.
- Open and clean up the file by using Scaleslistedit and resetting the list, Purge the file, Clean anything that is not needed.
- Missing fonts change to a new font.
- Open the External Reference and check for error using the Audit command.
- Change Absolute Paths of External references to Relative Path by right clicking in the Reference Palette.
- Set SAVETIME Variable to 1.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast