AutoCAD: When saving DWG File(s) exponentially grow.
- File(s) have interacted with a 3rd Party Software.
- File comes from a very old version of AutoCAD and has been used for a long time.
Attempt to recover the file
- File(s) have interacted with a 3rd Party Software / File comes from a very old version of AutoCAD and has been used for a long time.
Most of the time using the Purge command can help reduce file size.
This Document discusses several things that can be done however using the command line -purge routine is recommended.
If this does not help, Try to Wblock the Drawing by selecting Objects.
- Make sure all Layers are on, Thawed , and Unlocked.
- On the command line Type “Wblock” and select the <Enter> Key on the Keyboard.
- Select Objects in the upper left.
- Do not change the Base Point (This will keep the file in the same location in the new file.
- Under the objects section pick the Select Objects button. Type all in the command line and select the <Enter> Button on your Keyboard. Select the <Enter> Button on your Keyboard to return to the Wblock Dialog.
- Select the Path and Location for the new file at the bottom.
- Select OK.
Try using the new file and see if this reacts better.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast