Issue: Need/Want to work from home with Autodesk products
Causes: Sickness, Family Emergency, change of scenery, Avoiding Karen from accounting.
Solution: There are many solutions available! You just need the one most appropriate for you.
Network Multi-user licenses:
- Request a license to use software at home.
- “Borrowing a License” to work from home.
What is license borrowing? How does it work? More details:
Using VPN to log into Network:
- Issues with networking connections:
For Work-sharing in Revit remotely:
Issues downloading product to use from home? Use: Ava.autodesk.com
**Note: You must be signed into your Autodesk.com account for this to work**
Don’t forget to update/patch your software after installing:
How to install updates using the Autodesk Desktop App:
If the Desktop App doesn't appear to be working, then manually download and install using your Autodesk account:
Drawings, information storage options and cloud platforms:
- BIM360 is a great platform to store and share information. Supported with Revit
- Dropbox: *Not supported with Revit*
- Google Drive: *Not supported with Revit*
- pCloud: *Not supported with Revit*
- OneDrive: (Microsoft office) *Not supported with Revit*
Please do not forget to run audits and purges on your files to keep them clean, and while you’re at it please don’t forget to wash your hands! This is the #1 way to avoid getting “cooties” from Karen in Accounting.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Volk