When working with a slow network connection or a VPN, the maximum time to find a license needs to be increased for the Autodesk product.
1. In the “Type here to search” in the bottom left of the screen, start typing environment variable.
2. When typing environment variable, you should see “Edit the system environment variables” pop up, click on “Edit the system environment variables”.
3. Click on the “Environment Variables…” button in the lower right section of the pop-up window.
4. In the next pop-up window click “New…” under the “System variables” bottom section.
5. In the new pop-up window, type FLEXLM_TIMEOUT for the Variable name and 10000000 in the Variable value.
6. In the Variable value you can type 3000000 (3 Million) up to 10000000 (10 Million). Using 10000000 will look longer for a license. I like to start with 10000000 to make sure that this is the issue. You can start lowering the number if you feel the need until the license manager times out again.
From Autodesk: The value 3000000 is in microseconds (it equals 3 seconds). You can increase the value if the server still times out. However, if you increase the value to 10000000 and still have a problem, the cause is probably not a timeout error.
7. Hit ok to exit out of the pop-up windows.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams