You want to copy your Inventor custom Content Center library from Vault for use when you don’t have access to it. For example when travelling or when a connection to Vault is not available. Or for testing purposes you need to create a local copy of your Vault Content Center library.
• In the Projects dialog box set the Vault project current and select the Configure Content Center Libraries button on the right.
• Log into Vault if not already logged in.
• In the Configure Libraries dialog box select the Library Transfer Guide…button
• Choose the ‘From Autodesk Vault Server to Inventor Desktop Content’ option. This will create a copy of a read-write Vault Content Center library to your Inventor Desktop Content library location. The default Desktop Content location is in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor Version\Content Center\Libraries\:
• Type in your Vault user name and password:
• Select the library to transfer from Vault to Desktop Content:
• The library transfer process is complete:
• Once the library is transferred change the Content Center library access to Inventor Desktop Content in Application Options.
• Go back to the Projects dialog box and select the Configure Content Center Libraries button and add the custom library that was just copied.
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka