In Inventor 2023 some users report that the ‘Create New File’ dialog box opens but Inventor freezes right after. The dialog box opens but shows as a white box and locks up.
The program can also lock up before the ‘Create File New’ dialog box opens.
Missing Inventor 2023 updates or a Project Template path access issue.
1. Verify that the latest Inventor 2023 update is installed. Currently Inventor 2023.3.
2. Verify that the active Project 's template path is accessible.
- Edit the path as needed to a valid Templates folder.
- Or try the default folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2023\Templates\en-US\.
2. If the latest update is installed and the 'Templates' path is valid but Inventor still locks up test with your anti-virus software disabled.
For a similar issues in Inventor 2022:
Inventor 2022 File New locks up on Windows 11
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka