In Windows 11 Inventor 2022 is locking up when trying to create a new file.
The Create New File dialog opens but is blank and the program stops responding.
Currently this is known issue in Windows 11 and is documented in this Autodesk knowledge base article:
Inventor is still not fully approved on Windows 11:
Per the article above, if possible, restore Windows 10 or create a new Windows user account.
How to create a new local user or administrator account:
On one operating system that was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 we were able to get around the error by editing the Templates folder in the Project.
Temporarily pointing the Templates folder to a subfolder of the current folder fixed the problem. Changing it back to its original value seemed to work after this as well.
For example, edit the templates folder to use the ‘English’ folder within the current folder in the default location in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2022\Templates\en-US\.
- Close any open files.
- In the Project go to Folder Options
- Right-click on Templates and Edit.
- Browse to a sub-folder, for example the ‘English’ folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2022\Templates\en-US\English
- Save the project and test creating a new file.
- Edit the project again and point the templates back to the original.
For Windows 11 compatibility with AutoCAD based products:
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka