You want to know how to easily use ETransmit to bundle up your AutoCAD drawings and References (XREFs).
This process insures you are sending all your attached files so the receiving party is not missing any information (images/XREF’d drawings/etc.).
In AutoCAD with the drawing open that you want to ETransmit.
1. Save the drawing.
2. Enter ETRANSMIT at the command line and hit enter.
3. On the Create Transmittal dialog check or uncheck the items you do not need or want to package up.
4. Click to edit the “Transmittal setups…”
5. Click Modify.
6. On the Modify Transmittal Setup dialog insure it’s set to ZIP for a smaller file size
7. Click the ellipses “…” button the change the folder the .zip file will be saved into by default.
8. Click the dropdown so it will “Prompt for a filename” if desired.
9. Select the radio button to “Place all files in one folder”.
There are many other options too, however I do not recommend using the bind option as it can create one very large file that may be terribly slow.
Click Ok and close out of the dialogs and get back to the ETransmit dialog
Sometimes they zip up small enough to email but you will have all the files needed for the project.
About the Author
Sr. Technical Support Specialist - Licensing<br><br>I am charged with mentoring and training team members in the proper use our systems and tools, documenting NSC processes, and providing feedback and ideas to the management team towards improving the customer experience. I am also a major contributor to our technical support blog and internal knowledge base.
Follow on Linkedin
More Content by Jeff Lotan