How to download the full updated version of the Autodesk Desktop App
The Autodesk_Desktop_App_Bootstrap.exe crashes with no error message while installing the Autodesk Desktop App.
- Download the Autodesk desktop App Bootstrap from here: https://www.autodesk.com/desktop-app
- Go to C:\users\%username%\Downloads and click on Autodesk_Desktop_App_Bootstrap.exe to start the installation.
- If it fails to install go back to C:\users\%username%\Downloads and there should be a “update.xml” file. Open this file. You can use Internet Explorer to view the file.
- When viewing the update.xml file you will find a download location towards the bottom. At the time this blog was created, the newest version location is https://emsfs.autodesk.com/utility/wingman/installer/8_3_0_71/
- Add AdApplicationManager-installer.exe at the end of the URL. So the final URL to put into your browser to download will be: https://emsfs.autodesk.com/utility/wingman/installer/8_3_0_71/AdApplicationManager-installer.exe
- Past this URL into your Internet browser to download the full update version of the Autodesk desktop app.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams