Fabrication can add different users with set permissions and privileges. This is a great option for keeping all users from being able to delete or change the database.
- Go to Start Menu > Fabrication CADmep (Year) Folder > Configure Users
- Select the correct database.
- A pop up that says “Cannot Run User Manager: This program is not for single-user installations. Click ok.
- Go in Fabrication Database Folder: This PC > C: drive > Users > Public > Public Documents > Autodesk > Fabrication (Year) > Imperial Content > V3.06 > Database
- Create a folder named Users
- Go back to Start Menu > Fabrication CADmep (Year) Folder > Configure Users
- Select the correct database
- A new pop up will appear with a login screen:
- Type in the default Username and Password for the admin.
- Configure Privileges and permissions for your users. The first screen will show users, ID’s, privileges and if it is a single user or not.
Create, Edit or Delete:
- Create New:
Click on “User” > “New” and fill in information:
User type = Log in name
Password = If necessary
(If you do not want a password leave it blank)
Option to enforce single log in and/ or create admin account.
Then filter and sort what the user can and cannot do.
- Edit Users:
Double click on the user you want to edit and make changes then click ok.
- Delete Users:
Right click on the user and select “delete”.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Volk