How to Customize your Inventor background
How to customize your Inventor background with a custom image.
Inventor Professional includes an option to change the look of the Inventor background. There are several In-canvas Color Schemes that are available out of the box. Each of the color schemes has a different background. There is even an option to customize your background with a custom image or custom color. The instructions below provide steps to create a custom background with a custom image.
- Create or find an image to use as a background. Inventor accepts several file types. (.bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tiff, .gif, .tif)
- Launch Inventor and open Application Options on the Tools tab. Application Options can also be opened by selecting File>Options.
- Select the Colors tab to view the current settings. Select Customize Schemes to change an available Color Schemes or create a new Color Scheme.
The Color Scheme Editor will open.
- In the Color Scheme Editor, select New. Enter the name of your new Color Scheme and select OK. Exit the Color Scheme Editor after creating your custom Color Scheme.
- The new Color Scheme will now be available in the In-canvas Color Scheme window. Select your new Color Scheme. If you already have a background image, select the search button under “File name:”
The Open dialog box will appear.
- The default location for background images can be found in the Public Documents path for your Inventor version.
Select your new background image and then select Open.
- In Application Options, once your Color Scheme is selected and your custom image is set, select Apply and exit Application options.
- Open any part or assembly. Your background will now use the custom In-canvas Color Scheme with your custom image. As you can see in the example below, Inventor is now using the IMAGINiT_.png as the background image.