AutoCAD: External References cause slow performance.
- Take a long time to open files.
- When attempting to edit a file is very slow.
- External References Manager takes a long time to open.
- Slow performance while working in the file.
- External References cannot be found.
- Corrupted User Files.
- Number of SHX Font files are missing.
- Corrupted Text Style.
- Missing or invalid Add-A-Plotter or Add-A-Style ink files.
- Large number of External References.
- Verify and fix any missing paths to External References.
- Change SAVETIME Variable to 1.
- Review document on External References Performance.
- Check your Text files to make sure all of the fonts are available (If not change them to a good font file).
- Move all file locally and test the performance compared to the Server.
- Change Variables XLOADCTL & DEMANDLOAD system variables to 0.
- Open each External Reference and optimize the file.
- Try binding the External References and test performance (Try this in a copy of the original).
- Fix the missing Add-A-Plotter-Wizard and Add-A-Style-Wizard icons.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast