Every year there is a new version of Fabrication CADmep released. To keep up with the new versions you must migrate the current database and settings up to newer versions.
- When migrating the database all users must be out of the database and Fabrication products.
- Always migrate through each version, even if that version of Fabrication will not be used. Example: current version is 2019 and installing 2021 to upgrade. Migrate from 2019 to 2020 then to 2021.
- Default OOTB (Out of The Box) database location is here:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Find the current version of Fabrication being used, click the folder to open it up:
- Select “Autodesk Fabrication Migration Tool.”
- Select “Import Fabrication Configuration.”
- Browse for the database that is needed to migrate then click “select.” Example is pulling the 2020 OOTB database.
- Enter the name of the migrated database and click “Ok.”
- The new configuration will show up in the version you configured.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Heather Volk