AutoCAD: DWG becomes read only when attempting to save.
You will receive a message stating.
“Unable to save drawing (The path to the Drawing file will be shown) as it is being accessed by another session. Drawing saved to (The original path and then a file name with an extension of .tmp”
Then an error message stating that the “Drawing file is Write protected”.
This issue can be caused by numerous issues.
- NAS Drive (A Hard drive which is attached directly to the Network).
- Novell Server.
- Mirrored Server.
- Limited Windows rights.
- DFS Server environment.
- High Network traffic.
- Virus Protection.
- Network Driver issues.
- Files that sync to the Server.
- Cloud Based storage.
- Try a second save command.
- Perform a saveas.
- Save to a different location.
- Set ISAVEPERCENT to 0 forcing AutoCAD to save the entire file each time.
- Install Updates.
- Try in the new version.
- Uninstall A360.
- Reboot the Server.
- Remove temp files. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-delete-temporary-files-in-Windows.html.
- Disable offline files in Windows.
- Disable indexing.
- Check file and Folder permissions.
- Disable Antivirus.
- Check to make sure Network drive are not timing out.
- Check mapping to make sure this has not changed.
- Check and make sure the files are no located on a drive that is no longer available or cannot be written to DVD, Mobile Drive, Etc.
- Test speed to Server.
- Novell Server check for disk space restrictions.
- Test under another login to make sure the User profile is not corrupted.
- Check VPN Connections (If you can do this in the office but cannot over VPN then this is a virtual issue).
- Make sure all Cloud storage is available.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast