AutoCAD: Copy/Paste taking a long time or not working.
When using Copy/Paste in AutoCAD the command either takes a very long time to Paste or does not work at all. This can cause crashing with Fatal errors.
- Too Much data selected (There is a memory limit to Copy/Paste).
- Bad install.
- Wrong Video Card or Driver.
- Scaling from Model Space to Paper Space is not the same.
- Install Autodesk Updates.
- Install the tested and supported Video Card Driver from www.autodesk.com\hardware (If not listed you can try using the latest driver).
- Install Object Enablers if you are using a file from a vertical add-on such as Civil 3D, Architecture, etc.
- Close AutoCAD and then relaunch to clear memory.
- Reboot your computer to clear memory.
- Check scale when pasting. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Using-the-Clipboard-pastes-objects-in-the-wrong-size-in-AutoCAD.html.
- Fix the corrupted file. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-File-Corruption.html.
- Explode Blocks and then copy.
- Clear temporary files to free up memory https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-delete-temporary-files-in-Windows.html.
- Open External References and Copy/paste to new files and then recreate Layer States that are needed.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast