You want to install Inventor Read-only Mode without Inventor for a user that needs an Inventor file viewer without design capabilities.
Create a Custom Install in your Autodesk Account to install Inventor Read-only Mode only.
Log into your Autodesk Account.
Go to Products and Services in the left menu.
Choose Custom Install and the ‘Create Package’ button at the top right
- Select Inventor Professional from the list of products.
- Select the latest version or a specific version
- Expand Customizations and select ‘Only install Inventor Read-only mode(without Inventor)’
- Select Next
- To install this on the current machine, choose the Install option.
- To create a Deployment for multiple machines, choose Deploy. See How to create a Custom Install-deployment.
- Type in a Package name and description(optional)
- Change the installation path if needed under Advanced options
- Select Download
- An executable file named Package name.exe will download to your Downloads folder.
- Run this file to create the installation files in C:\Autodesk\
- Once the installer files extract to C:\Autodesk\ you can select Install to immediately install Inventor Read-Only Mode.
For more information on Inventor file viewers:
For more information on Custom Installs:
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka