You want the best practices for including your custom profile in your AutoCAD Deployment.
This will walk you through the steps to successfully include a customized AutoCAD profile in your deployment.
1) In AutoCAD in Options>Profiles tab create your custom profile by clicking “Add to List…” and give it the name you want; in our example I’m using “IMAGINiT Technologies Default.arg”.
2) Click to “Apply & Close”, then set your profile Current.
3) Modify the settings the way you need them, then, with your custom profile selected, click the “Export…” button.
and save the file where it’s easy to get to with the name you want.
4) Edit the deployment and browse to and select the “IMAGINiT Technologies Default.arg” file. If you edit the .arg file in Notepad you can see the “internal name” that should display in the Options>Profiles dialog.
5) Now use this Autodesk Help article to build it into your deployment: https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2023/ENU/?guid=INSTALLATION_AUTOCAD_CUSTOM_PROFILE
6) In the deployment folder structure please verify your custom .arg file is in there. Once verified, install using the batch file.
There should be a new shortcut icon on the desktop with the profile name in it.
I typically run the out of the box shortcut first, then the custom shortcut to verify if it worked.
Custom ARG File in Online Custom Deployment not Working
Custom AutoCAD 2023 base ARG in a Deployment using a default Profile failshttps://resources.imaginit.com/support-blog/custom-autocad-2023-base-arg-in-a-deployment-using-a-default-profile-fails
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Lotan