When the Vault client is opened after signing into Autodesk and the Vault server, this message appears 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' and there are no shortcuts that were saved in a previous session and no new shortcuts can be saved.
Even after uninstalling and then reinstalling the Vault client, the error persists. Something has become disrupted due to an unknown cause.
Even after following all the suggestions in this technical article, the problem persists.
A usable solution was reported in this Autodesk discussion thread that works and has been confirmed in Vault Pro 2022.
- Copy this path: %APPDATA%\Autodesk\ADPSDK
- In Windows go to Start > Run and paste the path phrase above.
- That should open the folder path here: C:\Users\AUsername\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ADPSDK
(Note: the current user's name will appear in place of 'AUsername')
- Move up one level so that you can rename the folder ADPSDK to ADPSDK_BAD
- Start the Vault 2022 client again.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Bob Felton