If you are experiencing lag and /or performance issues while using AutoCAD or it's vertical based products, try the settings below to increase some of the performance and remove some of the program overhead.
- VTENABLE = 0
- SELECTIONPREVIEW = 2 or 0 (I have mine set to 0 normally)
- LAYOUTREGENCTL = 0
- INPUTSEARCHOPTIONS - Turn off some or all the options, fine tune what you need it to look for and I always recommend increasing the Suggestion list delay time to 3000-5000 milliseconds.
- Also go into AutoCAD OPTIONS, and under the Display Tab, turn off Display Paper Shadow (and I generally turn off Display Paper Background).
- Remaining in Options, go to the Open and Save Tab and uncheck Display Digital Signature Information.
- DYNMODE=0 (this turns off the Dynamic Input, so use only if necessary)
- WHIPTHREAD=3 (only on 2019 and older), otherwise ensure it's set to 1
Also go into the Control Panel, Select Power Options. See if you are running High Performance or Balanced. I generally recommend to select High Performance.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ryan Wunderlich