When launching Revit, you get the error “Revit could not load C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 202x\IntfiFC.dll”
1. Before you try an uninstall/reinstall of Revit, let’s try a repair of C++
2. In Windows, click “Start” in the lower left corner and type appwiz.cpl
3. Scroll down until you come to Microsoft Visual C++ All of the Microsoft Visual C++ with a Monitor, computer and CD Icon will need to be repaired. Example:
4. Click “Change” at the top, and then click on the first Microsoft Visual C++ that has the Icon
5. On the message box that pops up, choose “Repair”
6. Choose “Close” when the repair has completed. If you get a “Restart” button, still chose “Close”. We can restart after all the C++ has been repaired.
7. After you have finish repairing all of the C++ items that have this icon Reboot the computer and try starting Revit again.
8. If the error persists, let’s uninstall and reinstall the C++. There is an all-in-one installer at MajorGeeks.com which will automatically uninstall and reinstall all Visual C++ libraries. Download the all-in-one installer and run it. Reboot the machine after the all-in-one installer completes.
9. Try starting Revit again.
10. If the above items do not repair Revit. You will have to do an uninstall/reinstall of Revit.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams