In Inventor when trying to start a Nastran analysis this error opens:
The error is most often caused by an outdated version of the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service or Single Sign On. Other reasons may include conflicting add-ins or a borrowed network license.
Below are the steps to update the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service and Single Sign On as well as other troubleshooting options:
Update the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service and Single Sign On
- Get the latest Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service update:
- And the latest Autodesk Single Sign On Component:
You can also get the current version of the updates from your Autodesk Desktop App.
- Copy qwindows.dll or qwindows_Ad_5_12.dl in the Autodesk licensing folder
Once both updates are installed browse to the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service folder in:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing.
Copy the qwindows.dll or qwindows_Ad_5_12.dll file from the latest licensing service folder.
Depending on the licensing version that’s installed either file name exists.
- For example copy the qwindows.dll from:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\11.1.0.YYYY\AdskLicensingAgent\platforms\qwindows.dll
- To this subfolder within the same version:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\11.1.0.YYYY\AdskLicensingAgent\qwindows.dll
If this doesn’t resolve it:
Uninstall the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
- Run the uninstall.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing:
- Once the uninstall is complete, the folder should empty out. See this Autodesk knowledge base article for a video of the process: Uninstall the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
- Go back Step 1 and install the latest Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service you downloaded.
If all these steps don’t help, try the additional troubleshooting steps listed in this Autodesk article:
- Unload the Inventor Nesting Add-In
- Working with a borrowed network license
- Run an analysis with the Inventor Nastran Editor Utility
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka