In Inventor when trying to start a Nastran analysis this error opens:
The error is most often caused by an outdated version of the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service or Single Sign On. Other reasons may include conflicting add-ins or a borrowed network license.
Below are the steps to update the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service and Single Sign On as well as other troubleshooting options:
Update the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service and Single Sign On
- Get the latest Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service update:
- And the latest Autodesk Single Sign On Component:
You can also get the current version of the updates from your Autodesk Desktop App.
- Copy qwindows.dll or qwindows_Ad_5_12.dl in the Autodesk licensing folder
Once both updates are installed browse to the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service folder in:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing.
Copy the qwindows.dll or qwindows_Ad_5_12.dll file from the latest licensing service folder.
Depending on the licensing version that’s installed either file name exists.
- For example copy the qwindows.dll from:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\11.1.0.YYYY\AdskLicensingAgent\platforms\qwindows.dll
- To this subfolder within the same version:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing\11.1.0.YYYY\AdskLicensingAgent\qwindows.dll
If this doesn’t resolve it:
Uninstall the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
- Run the uninstall.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdskLicensing:
- Once the uninstall is complete, the folder should empty out. See this Autodesk knowledge base article for a video of the process: Uninstall the Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service
- Go back Step 1 and install the latest Autodesk Desktop Licensing Service you downloaded.
If all these steps don’t help, try the additional troubleshooting steps listed in this Autodesk article:
- Unload the Inventor Nesting Add-In
- Working with a borrowed network license
- Run an analysis with the Inventor Nastran Editor Utility
Fatal error S1121 and "no Qt platform plugin could be initialized" when running Nastran analysis
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka