By: Jeff Lotan, Sr. Tech Support Specialist
Autodesk has released a new web-based deployment tool from within your accounts page, this article will step you through creating a deployment using that method.
Step by Step procedure for creating a deployment for 3ds Max 2021.
This article is for experienced Administrators, some CAD Managers and IT professionals.
Ensure you create a “Share” first. Autodesk recommends the following:
Right from the Autodesk Account portal we can now create a deployment.
1. Go to https://manage.autodesk.com and sign in as the Contract Manager (CM) or Software Coordinator (SC).
2. Select the Deployments link on the left sidebar.
If you are not the Software Coordinator or Contract Manager then you will not see the Deployments link.
3. Click the “Add” button to the right of the program.
4. Next click the “Customize” link to select/de-select the options that are right for you.
5. You can keep the default settings or make your adjustments, and click “Done”.
Note: it automatically filled in the serial number (no it’s not our serial number) and product key for me.
6. Now click “Next” to go to step 2 of 3
7. Fill in a deployment name, description (optional), and the two paths (deployment share and log file location), please keep these fields short. Unfortunately, it forces the log file.
9. It starts the download of the .exe that will do all the work for you.
Once it finishes downloading, click the Close button, then click the .exe file to run it. This is what creates the deployment across the internet.
10. If you receive the User Account Control (UAC) dialog click “Yes”.
11. It took a little time on my server, but you will see the progress dialog come up.
13. Now to use the new deployment to install onto a client machine.
On the client machine, browse to the deployment location and run the batch file.
Note: you may need to use the right click “Run as administrator”.
You may need to use the UNC location \\servername\share\ for it to work properly.