How to use PDQ to deploy AutoCAD 2021
How do I use PDQ to deploy AutoCAD 2021
- We need to create the AutoCAD 2021 deployment first.
- Please go to this Blog and follow the instructions to create an AutoCAD 2021 deployment. You can create a deployment for Named User or for a Network license using this blog
- After creating the AutoCAD 2021 deployment, open PDQ Deploy and click “New Package”
- This next step has 2 different ways to accomplish what we need to do. I will show both ways and you decide the best process for you.
- Click “New Step” from the ribbon and then choose “Command”
- Or click on “Steps” under properties and choose “Command”.
- Navigate to the location of the AutoCAD 2021 deployment that you would like to use with PDQ Deploy.
- Right click on the shortcut in the folder with the name you created in the “Deployment configuration name” when you created the deployment.
- Click properties
- Copy all the info from the target field.
- Copy this information into the command field.
- The next step is to add a /W right after the \Setup.exe in the command field. It should look like this; \Setup.exe /W /qb. The “/W” tells the deployment to run the command and then wait for the other sub-processes to finish before it returns.
- Click the “Conditions” tab. Then click the drop arrow on the O/S Version to choose the targeted OS versions.
- Next, click the drop-down arrow next to O/S Architecture and choose the targeted O/S Architecture.
- Under the “Options” tab, change the “Run As” field to “Deploy User (Interactive)”.