Here's how to turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off in Windows 10 and later to troubleshoot an install or software issue
What is User Account Control (UAC) in Windows?
User Account Control or UAC for short is a security feature of Windows which helps prevent unauthorized changes to the operating system. These changes can be initiated by applications, users, viruses, malware. User Account Control makes sure changes are made only with approval from the administrator. If the changes are not approved by the administrator, they are not executed, and Windows will remain unchanged. To install Autodesk software correctly or troubleshoot an issue, User Account Control (UAC) needs to be turned off
- Type UAC in the search field on your taskbar. (If the search field isn't visible, right-click the Start button and choose Search.)
- Click “Change User Account Control settings” in the search results.
- In the “Choose when to be notified about changes to your computer” window, do one of the following:
- To turn UAC off, drag the slider down to Never notify and click OK.
- To turn UAC on, drag the slider up to the desired level of security and click OK.
- You may be prompted to confirm your selection or enter an administrator password.
- Reboot your computer for the change to take effect.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams