You are having issues with your Autodesk software and believe the issue may be corrupted C++ libraries or indications are showing that is the issue.
This can be caused by a number factors, but usually the best way to correct it is to uninstall and reinstall all the C++ components.
How to uninstall/reinstall C++ modules
1. Open Control Panel and click on Programs and Features
2. In the Upper right corner of the window look for this:
3. Click in the box and put in C++ then click the arrow or hit the Enter key to filter your results to only the C++ modules
4. Now Uninstall all existing C++ from Control panel, starting with the newest (2017) and work your way through the list
I generally see mismatches or items without file sizes when I know there are issues. Right mouse click and follow the prompts to Uninstall (not repair) the installed C++ Module(s).
and click on this link:
6. Download the Visual C++ v56.exe in the screen that comes up (be patient, the download will start. Once downloaded, then we need to get the additional runtimes that have been released)
8. Navigate to the Downloads folder, right mouse click on the Visual C++ v56.exe and select properties and in the box that pops up, you must unblock the file:
9. Repeat this process for the other two downloads from step 7 as well.
10. Once unblocked, right mouse click and Run As Administrator (do not forget this step) on the Visual C++ v56.exe
11. It will unpack the files and open a CMD window:
12. If you have just uninstalled the C++, you will have the option to Ignore (I), select that or Y for yes
13. Then in the next screen type Y again to proceed and let it run through the installer then click any key when prompted to close the installer
15. Now repeat the process for the vc_redist.x86.exe & vc_redist.x64.exe, and simply follow the installer instructions
16. Now, go back and recount the C++ listing again. When you do the count, there should be 16 items, as the four (4) C++ 2017 modules get replaced by two (2) 2015-2019 ones.
17. Reboot the machine (to ensure the changes are fully implemented)
18. Retest and see if that resolves the issues you were experiencing.
About the Author
Follow on Linkedin
More Content by Ryan Wunderlich