You do not want users attempting to install Autodesk updates because:
- Users do not have install permissions
- You want to control the distribution of updates by another method such as SCCM or Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
NOTE - *This registry setting does not disable the Autodesk Desktop App updates*
- From the Search bar in Windows, type in regedit
- Click Run as administrator
- Browse to the HKEY_CURRENT_USERS/Software/Autodesk/ODIS folder
- Right-click on the folder ODIS and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Enter DisableManualUpdateInstall for the name
- Right-click on DisableManualUpdateInstall and choose "Modify..."
- Enter 1 for the Value data
- Click the OK button and close the Registry Editor
- A reboot may be necessary for the update to take place.
The results of the regedit in Autodesk Access:
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Ken Williams