When you select a Viewport and right click in Civil 3D 2021 and 2022 you no longer have the option to lock or unlock the Viewport.
This is as designed.
Option 1 Use properties Palette
- Select the Viewport.
- Right click.
- Select properties.
- Use the lock/unlock features on the Properties Dialog.
Option 2 Add the menu using the ACAD.cuix
- Type “CUI” in the command line and select the <Enter> Key.
- Select the “Transfer” tab at the top of the Dialog.
- Have the Main menu “C3D.cuix” selected at the top of the left menu area (This is normally there by default).
- On the right Menu area select the “Open” button at the top.
- Select ACAD.cuix from the c:\Users\<User Name>\App Data (This is a Hidden folder)\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D(2022 or 2021 depending on the version you are working with)\enu\Support\.
- Open the “ACAD.cuix”.
- On the right expand “Shortcut Menus”.
- Find “Viewport Object Menu” and expand this section.
- On the left expand “Shortcut Menus”.
- Expand “Context menu for edit mode”.
- On the right highlight and hold down on “Display Locked” under “Viewport Object Menu”.
- Drag and drop this menu into the “Context menu for edit mode” area.
- In the location you would like the Menu to appear.
- Select “Apply” and “OK”.
Now test the menu. You should now see the Viewport Lock/Unlock option in the Viewport right click contextual menu.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast