During installation you get the Error “.NET Framework Runtime 4.x did not install (Error Code: 5100)”.
You may see a Popup that says
Microsoft .NET Framework
Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to complete this operation. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can proceed.
The .NETframework 4.8 is not supported on this operating system.
- Does not have internet access.
- Does not have Windows update enabled.
- Does not meet the .NET Framework system requirements.
- Windows 10 version 1511 or earlier which does not meet the system requirements for .NET Framework 4.x.
Does not have KB4019990 Hotfix installed for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012.
To resolve this issue
- Make sure the system does meet the system requirements for .NET Framework 4x.
- Check your Windows 10 operating System and make sure it is not running version 1709 or 1511. If so then update Windows 10.
- If not installed install Hotfix version KB4019990.
- Enable Windows update.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Arbogast