Your designers and engineers love coming up with solutions to complex problems. In order to do that in the most effective manner, they must continue to upgrade their skills on the tools that support their activities. Software is ever-changing, and users must continue to learn new features and workflows to improve their proficiency. What can you do to get them to willingly pull away from an exciting project?
- Offer classes relevant to their job. Nothing zaps energy more than sitting through irrelevant lessons or classes designed for people with different skill levels. Make sure the classes they take will help them with their current project or prepare them for an upcoming one by assigning custom Learning Paths for each employee based on their individual needs.
- Let them decide when to train. People are more likely to enter a class with a positive attitude if it occurs at a time convenient for them. Worrying about tasks on a to-do list will interfere with learning.
- Let them decide how to train. Some people like to take classes in small doses; some like to power through. Some prefer to dig deep into a document, while others like to watch videos. Individuals retain more information when the training method aligns with their preferred learning style.
- Simplify the process. Sometimes a person needs a quick answer to a workflow question. Other times they need a comprehensive lesson on a software required by a client. Eliminate frustrations by making it easy for them to find exactly what they need.
- Make sure their manager knows what they are up to. New skills can mean more exciting projects. Give project managers access to a dashboard with information about each team member’s in-progress and completed projects, so they can align projects with capabilities.
IMAGINiT’s ProductivityNOW does all this and more!
ProductivityNOW is a complete eLearning and support platform used by high-performing organizations to maximize the proficiency, productivity, and potential of their people. The platform provides on-demand access to hundreds of self-paced classes on Autodesk software as well as online training videos, white papers, and other resources.
“Our engineers use the eLearning tools and support available through ProductivityNOW to help them stay focused on projects instead of the software,” said Melinda Melinda Chase, Project Engineer, Hammontree & Associates. “The eLearning technology is easy to learn, use, administer, and the support team is invaluable.”
Contact us to learn more.