Inventor files are showing as the Inventor logo icon instead of the file type for part part, assembly , presentation and drawingin Windows Explorer and Vault Client.
You need to register Inventor at the command prompt to update the file type icons.
Inventor is not properly registered in the operating system.
Start by verifying that Inventor file types are set to 'Open with' Inventor in Windows Explorer.
Then register Inventor in the operating system:
- Run the Windows command prompt as administrator.
- In the Windows search box or using the keyboard keys search for 'command prompt'.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt App and select 'Run as administrator'
- Copy/Paste or type the following to register the installed version of Inventor:
- "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2023\Bin\Inventor.exe" /install Substitute the version of Inventor with the one you need to register
- Click Enter
- Inventor should now be registered.
- Run Inventor
Alternatively run this to refresh the Windows Icon Cache:
Inventor file icons not displaying as expected
For other errors registering Inventor try the following:
Inventor.exe needs to reregister
About the AuthorMore Content by Joanna Gryszka