Sometimes when you launch the Autodesk Desktop App it won’t show you any updates. Sometimes even the “My Update” button is missing (as in this image below) when you are signed in.
The “My Updates” button should show up right under the orange square for “My products and tools” and before the first red A.
One solution is to clean up certain files/folders on the local hard drive.
Please follow the below steps:
- Rename the ADLM folder from %programdata%\autodesk
Warning: If you have any 2019 or older Autodesk programs installed, then this process will cause the older programs to give you an error “The license manager is not functioning or is improperly installed….”
- Rename the cache by following the below instructions
- Exit Autodesk desktop app (from system tray menu)
- Stop AdAppMgr Service (task manager)
- %Programdata% > Autodesk > Delete the “SDS” folder
- Restart Autodesk Desktop App.
- “Sign in”. Even before you “sign in” it may show the “My Updates” button.
Now you should see the “My Updates” button and the updates available to install for the Autodesk programs installed on your system.
There are other reasons it may be missing, like the product is no longer assigned to that user.
See this Autodesk article to explore some of those solutions:
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Lotan